Department of Agricultural Chemistry & Soil Science
Department of Agri. Chemistry and Soil Science offers basic and advance course in Chemistry, Bio-chemistry and Soil Science for the Department needs as well as for other departments of the School.
All the courses prescribed for the department as well as Elective courses are offered. Department also offers courses in PG programmes of Soil Conservation, Horticulture, Plant Pathology and Agronomy.
Thrust area of Research:
Department thrust area of research is centered on “Soil and Plant health”, The department has taken projects on soil of Nagaland, development of Agricultural Chemicals from Natural and Synthetic sources to keep plant fit.
Academic Activities in the Department:
Department has started the Post-Graduate courses in soil science with 5 (five) students and initiated work on those projects.
1. Studies on Phosphorous and Molybdenum applications on nodulation, growth, yield and quality of soyabean (Glycine max, L) ulti soil of Nagaland.
2. Study on production of V A M compost from different bio-waste.
3. Effect of Nitrogen and Potassium on yield, content and uptake of nutrient by rice.
4. Effect of Phosphorous and Zinc growth yield and lowland rainfed rice.
1. The Department is going to start Soil testing facility for farmers.
2. Department is also going to start Soil a vermiculture facility.
|Prof. S.K. Sharma||Professor & Head||Ph.D (NEHU, Shillong)||email@example.com|
|Prof. R.C. Gupta||Professor||Ph.D (Lucknow University)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Y.K. Sharma||Assoc. Professor||Ph.D (Agra University)||email@example.com|
|Dr. P.K. Singh||Asst. Professor||Ph.D (GB Pant University of Agriculture & Technology)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. A.K. Singh||Asst. Professor||Ph.D (BHU, Varanasi)||email@example.com|