Department of Agricultural Economics
(a) Department Profile:
Department of Agricultural Economics has been functioning since 1978, under North Eastern Hill University (NEHU), Shillong. In the establishment of Nagaland University the Department of Agricultural Economics is working as unit of School of Agricultural Sciences and Rural Development (SASRD), Medziphema: Campus, Medziphema under Nagaland University, since September 6th 1994. Computer Application in Agriculture of the very important components in this department. The department is offering various courses of Agricultural Economics, Statistics and Computer Application at UG and PG levels. The Post Graduate Programme stated since July 15th 2004.
The main aim of this department is to promote and conduct teaching objectives; the department has the following functions:
- To teach the subjects Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Marketing, Agriculture Finance & Banking, Statistics & Computer application at UG & PG level,
- To do and conduct research work in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Marketing, Agriculture Finance & Applied Statistics,
- To collect data from different sources for analyzing needful results and to provide to other allied works,
- To make available facilities to analyse the complicated Statistics data by Computer works to different streams of Agriculture. (by using different Statistics software are not available),
- To develop some computer programs for statistical methods and formula for which software are not available and
- To provided advisory and consultancy services to different streams of Agricultural Sciences & Rural development and to other allied works.
(b) Thrust Areas of the Department:
Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Statistics and Computer Application Research priority has been given on:
- Agricultural Marketing,
- Agri-business Management,
- Agriculture Finance,
- Management based programmes,
- Cost of cultivation,
- Computer Application,
- Applied Statistics and
- Multi-variate Analysis.
(a) Head of the Department: Dr. Amod Sharma / firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) Department Email: email@example.com
(c) Faculty of the Department:
|NAME||DESIGNATION||EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION||CONTACT INFORMATION|
|Dr. Amod Sharma||Assoc. Professor & Head||
M.Sc(Ag.), Ph.D(Agra Univ.)
03862 247100 (O), 248220 (R)
09436004211 (M); Fax: 03862 247113
|Dr. R. Nakhro||Asst. Professor||
M.A(NEHU, Shillong), Ph.D
|Dr. Aatish Kumar Sahu||Asst. Professor||
M.Sc(Ag.), Ph.D(BCKV, W.Bengal)
|Dr. D.C. Kalita||Asst. Professor||M.Sc(Ag.), Ph.D(Jorhat, Assam)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Sanjoy Das||Asst. professor||
|Dr. D.S. Dhakre||Asst. Professor(contract)||M.Sc, Ph.D(Dr.B.R.A. Univ., UP)||email@example.com|
(a) Books / Book Chapters / Manuals:
- 3 no’s of Book Edited by the Departmental faculties.
- 10 no’s of Book Chapters were contributed by the Departmental faculties.
- 7 no’s of Manuals were Developed by the Departmental faculties.
(b) Research Papers / Articles Published:
40 nos. of research papers have been published in various Journals of National repute.
- 2 nos. National Seminar / Conference
- 26 nos. & Regional / State Seminar
- 12 nos. attended & presented the research papers
22 nos. Articles were published in different Journals / Magazines.
Organised National / State Level Seminar:
- 2 nos. of National Seminar were organised by the Departmental faculty as an Organizing Secretary, Joint Secretary &Treasurer.
- One day State Seminar was organised by the Departmental faculty as anOrganizing Secretary, Co-Chairman & Treasurer.
- Organized a Regional Level Essay Competition on 50 Years of Agricultural Development in North-east Region, as a Convener.
- Short Training Course on Use of Computer, Phase - I for Faculty, from 28 August to 06 September 2004 (10 day’s) at Department of Agricultural Economics, SASRD, Campus: Medziphema.
- Short Training Course on Use of Computer, Phase - II for Non Teaching staff, from 10 to 19 September 2005 (10 day’s) at Department of Agricultural Economics, SASRD, Campus: Medziphema.
Research Project under ICAR Ad-hoc Cess Fund Scheme on Socio Economic Status of Small and Marginal tribal farmers for their sustainable livestock and poultry development in Nagaland, as Principal Investigator (PI).
Participated in Training / Seminar / Conference / Symposium:
25 nos. different training / seminar / conferences attended by the departmental faculties.
Extension Activities / Delivered Lecture:
Dr. Amod Sharma delivered 25 nos. Radio Talks on different topics related to the Agriculture and Allied from All India Radio Station (AIR), Kohima.
(a) Completed M. Sc. (Ag.) Thesis Research works in the year 2006:
- Ms. Portia Alex, M - 273 / 05. Economics of Rice cultivation in the Dimapur district of Nagaland. Under - Prof. (Late) A. K. Singh.
- Mr. Likhase L.T. Sangtam, M - 274 / 05. Economics of Ginger Cultivation in the Dimapur District of Nagaalnd. Under - Dr. D. C. Kalita.
- Ms. Bendangenla Tzudir, M - 275 / 05. Economics of Mushroom cultivation in Dimapur district of Nagaland. Under - Dr. Amod Sharma.
- Mr. Kevi-u-Shuya, M - 276 / 05. A study on commercial banks for the finance to the Piggery farmers in Nagaland. Under - Mr. Rokoneuituo Nakhro.
(b) Completed M. Sc. (Ag.) thesis research works in the year 2007:
- Mr. Yimkumba Kichu, M - 304 / 06. Marketing of Pineapple cultivation in Dimapur District of Nagaland. Under - Dr. Amod Sharma.
(c) Completed M. Sc. (Ag.) thesis research works in the year 2008:
- Ms. B. L. Mahlo Tongue, M - 348 / 07. Marketing Pattern of Potato in Wokha District of Nagaland. Under - Dr. Amod Sharma.
|S.No.||Topic||Venue||Date||Guest Speaker||Target Group|
|1||Guiding & Cuonselling on Personality Development||IDA, Dimapur||31st May 2008||Dr. Amod Sharma||Class X & Class XII|
|Name||Title of Research/Thesis Works||Supervisor/Jt Supervisor||Date of Reg./Adm.|
|Studies on …………(KOMUL) Nagaland||Dr. Amod Sharma||School Board
(30 July, 2005)
|Mr. Kevi-u-Shuya||A study on finance ……..…...… Nagaland||Dr. Amod Sharma||Adm No 75/07
05 / 09 / 2007
|A study on jhum cultivation.... in Nagaland||Dr Amod Sharma||Adm No 76/07
05 / 09 / 2007
|Impact of …………………… in Nagaland||Dr. D. C. Kalita||Adm No 69/07
07 / 09 / 2007
|Ms. Portia Alex||Study on the production …… Nagaland||Dr. Amod Sharma
& Dr D C Kalita
|Adm No 70/07
07 / 09 / 2007